Sunday, January 28, 2007

Getting Ready...

Yes, there is still nine weeks to go, but it doesn't hurt to start getting ready early. All I know is I don't want to be the half of the ten virgins that wasn't prepared for the bridegroom. And we just had a friend go into labor 6 weeks early, so no sense in procrastination. This was our fun Saturday activity, and Nate didn't even have to say any bad words to make things go together right!

At first the task before us seemed a little daunting...
But Nate, being the smart man that he is, went straight to the directions without trying to figure it out himself. (Thank you!)
The point of this picture is the progressing crib, not Nate.
And here is the finished product:
Now, every time I walk by I have to let out a little squeal as I imagine our little girl sleeping soundly in this very crib, in this very room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your crib! You are smart to document all these important events. It will be fun to have.

Lexi said...

Kalli that is a really pretty picture of you! Your belly is getting so big. That is a very cute crib, I can't wait to see a picture of your little girl in it. What were you thinking of naming her? Lexi, or something like that?..... ;)

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Love the photos of the two of you making preparations for your little girl. Looking forward to checking out the crib and the room when sweet little __________ arrives! [Other Mom]

Dad Fillmore said...

Since Mackay Gwen is now nearly two weeks old, where are the pictures you promised?