Sunday, January 27, 2008

We're back in school

Sorry, but blogs are still few and far between. Nate and I are both going to school full time and Nate is working two jobs. Somehow we have worked out our schedules where Mackay is with our cousin, Ceecee and her little girl Alyssa, for only two hours on Monday and Wednesday. I feel the need to share with you our humorous schedule, so try to keep up:

7:45 I have class. I have to walk, so I wear snow boots, thermals under my clothes, a sweat shirt, coat, hat, mittens, and sometimes a face mask if it is too freezing.
8:45 Nate is waiting outside in the car with Mackay all bundled up in the back seat to make a switch. Nate goes to class while I take Mackay home--for an hour.
10:00 I am waiting outside in the car with Mackay to do another switch. I go to class.
10:30 Nate takes Mackay to the babysitters so he, too, can go to class.
12:45 I pick Mackay up from the babysitters.
1:45 Mackay and I go to get Dad again, so that I can go to my final class of the day.
3:00 Nate and Mackay pick me up, we drive to Nate's work, drop him off, and we are finally home for the day!

Luckily Mackay takes it very well. We try not to do homework or anything else when we are with Mackay so that she can have as much quality time as possible. We are also very blessed that she goes to bed at 7:00, which is when studying really begins. Here are some pictures of the fun we have during our free time:

Mackay went and played with Luke, the closest in age to Mackay in our little neighborhood, while Nate and I went to serve as ushers at the open house of the Rexburg Temple--for five hours. It was a great blessing, and Mackay came home and showed us a little trick she had learned while observing Luke. So now Mackay is all over the house pushing her walker. Her new thing is walking up to sturdy objects and just holding on. She loves to pull clothes out of my dresser.
This is Mackay and the infamous Luke. From the looks of it, it looks like Mackay has a crush.
Mackay's new favorite past time is reading books to herself. She knows how to turn pages, and she even "reads" out loud the stories.


This is Mackay's desk.

Mackay has a fascination with the fish tank and the little shelf under it.
I'm pretty sure Nate came up with this idea. We found some pajamas that are a little too big, so Nate stuffed socks in the bottoms and made her look like she had really long legs. She wasn't too happy about it, as you can see. This is the only picture we could find that didn't look like we were torturing our child.
And here's Mackay pushing her walker. Oh, and no, she is still not crawling yet.
Notice the hair hanging over her collar!
I took the tray off of Mackay's high chair one day after she was done eating, and her legs popped out. She then proceeded to try to get out herself, but it didn't work.
Mackay with Luke again. They were fighting over who was going to push the walker, and since Luke can go a little faster than Mackay, it wasn't working out too well. I thought of this great idea where everybody wins.
Our friends, Mark and Christine, invited us over for a fondue night. Christine's sister had her husband die in a car crash four years ago, and so every year on his birthday she invites over the entire neighborhood and has a fondue party, which was his favorite meal. Christine decided to carry on the tradition. We were priviledged to attend.
I said that Nate was holding a stick in front of my face, but no one wanted to retake the picture.
Misery loves company.
This picture was taken when I wasn't home. Mackay is in her diaper bag. Nate said he tried to zip it all the way up, but her head was getting in the way. Poor Mackay!
I thought this was a great model look.

9 comments:

Kelltie said...

Holy Cow! You guys have a tight schedule! Your little cutie sure is growing fast!

Kim said...

And I thought I was busy on the days that I take Shay to work, but it's nothing compared to that. I love the picture of Mackay with Luke and she has the huge smile. She is a cutie!! Love the hair hanging over the collar, almost long enough to do something with. Thanks for sharing!!

Lexi said...

Just when I thought my life was busy...wow! I love all the pictures. Somehow I can picture Jeff one day doing some of the same funny things to our kids that Nate does to Mackay...

Kerstin Daynes said...

And I thought my days were busy! I am glad that you have time to have fun and take cute pictures.

Cammie said...

That's great that you are able to work that all out! I bet you'll be happy when this symester is over. Mackay is sure cute! I love her hair!

Diane said...

Had been checking your blog everyday for some more fun [grandma fix]to begin or end my day. I'm beginning today with a super-glad heart. And you can bet I'll be checking out the new pictures every day, comparing with the older ones, seeing that Mackay is growing up way to fast, and wishing we were closer. Hope your busy schedules will allow another post in a few weeks. Love the new background! But most of all, love all three of you!
Colorado Grandma

Anonymous said...

Mackay is looking older every time I see her. Cute pictures though. We miss seeing her.

Mom in Utah

Cathy L. said...

She is growing up too fast! Tyson isn't crawling yet either. He rolls all over, so I block the stairs. You guys are too funny. Crazy schedule. We are going to miss you!!

Cathy

Kristalyn said...

I love all of the crazy things that Nate does to Mackay! She is going to be one creative little girl. Good luck with the classes...oh and did you finish New Moon? I LOVE that series...I can't wait until the 4th one comes out! :)