Sunday, February 3, 2008

Walkin' in a winter wonderland

My dad sent us a picture of the snow they were getting in Utah. We decided to show him what Idaho was made of. This is the very beginning when Mackay was still enjoying herself.


Nate threw (maybe tossed is a better word) Mackay into the snow. It would have been a good picture if the snow didn't cave in on her face. Nate still thought it was pretty funny.
Mackay fell between her walker and the couch and thoguht it was so funny to be stuck between a "rock and a hard place." (Good book!)
Nate was trying to fold the laundry (I came down with a life threatening cold--or that's how it feels, anyway). Mackay was "helping" dad, but Nate was just getting frustrated, so he put a laundry basket over her. She thoroughly enjoyed it.

This is Mackay making her way around the house. She now only uses her walker to get to a stable place, from there she can go pretty much anywhere she wants. This is her making her way into the kitchen.

Mackay's swimming suit. We are getting really excited for summer.
Mackay has been having respiratory problems the last little while, so she needs to have a breathing treatment every four hours. This is our first attempt, she has gotten a lot better since this picture.
Those eyes make me feel so bad!
This is an example of Mackay getting better at her breathing treatments.This is my first attempt at putting Mackay's hair in pig tails. She hates getting them in, but she hasn't learned to pull them out yet, so it makes it worth it.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Cutest little snow pixie around!
Keep that snow in Utah and Idaho.

Kim said...

I love the pig tails!!! They look very cute. Good way to contain your child while doing the laundry.

Anonymous said...

Well, your snow doesn't melt (ssssooo cold) in Idaho, ours melts comes back, melts again, comes back again. Actually this year it hasn't melted like it should. We had church called off today because of the snow, haven't had that happen since I lived in Idaho. It was fun for the YM and dads to go out and shovel everyones sidewalks and driveways. We got everyone in the ward in 2 1/2 hours. Pretty impressive. One of the YM tried to accuse me of trying to get everyone in Utah County. I told him if he did that it would take care of all his service for a lifetime. He didn't take me up on it. I guess we need to come see Mackay in the snow.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, the crying, the tears and even the finally falling asleep look all to familiar when trying to give breathing treatments. Wait until you start saying, "Breath all the way down to your tummy". What goes around, comes around apparently.

AJ and Cindy said...

Mackay's little pony tails are SO cute, she is So adorable!

Unknown said...

kalli I can't believe how much she looks like you! Mostly her eyes. I remember seeing pictures of you when you were younger and you have the same eyes! Anyway hope everything is going well!

Cierra said...

Kalli, I didnt know you had a blog! I'm so excited! Well, I loved all of your pictures they are so funny and Mackay is so cute!

Cammie said...

She seems to be moving around a lot more! Isn't it exciting! I can't believe how fast they grow up!

Shauna said...

i found your blog! your little girl is so dang cute!!

Stephanie said...

Where is the love? It's been far too long since you updated your blog... and I check everyday! Cummon! :) Luv ya! xx