Sunday, April 20, 2008

More Amazing Adventures

As you all probably know, Nate got an internship with Southwest Airlines in Dallas, Texas for after we graduate. Actually, for six weeks after we graduate, so we'll see what happens in that break. He will be doing internal audit as an internship right now, but it has extremely high potential of turning into a job, so we are excited! Some concerns naturally arise, though: 1) I have never lived outside of Idaho or Utah--I want a gun. 2) I hate the idea of cockroaches, I will probably have an emotional breakdown the first time I am confronted by one (or ten, or twenty, whatever number they like to congregate in). 3) I have heard there are scorpions. If this is a true statement, I will be incredibly diligent/paranoid in making beds. I can't imagine slipping into my nice, comfy, warm bed and have something like that in the bottom to greet me.

Now, I'm not completely set on having a gun, and Nate probably won't let me, but another option is karate. I know there is a level in a certain kind of karate that you have to register with the state in which you reside because you have the ability to kill somebody with your bare hands. That would make me feel pretty safe, too. So we'll see which road I take.

Here is a more local amazing adventure. Our first hike of the season. (This actually occurred back in April, but we've been busy).

This first picture occurred in April, is in the same folder as the hike, but has nothing to do actually with the hike. We can say this is her bath afterwards, but I really can't remember. I just didn't want to have to go back into my April folder. We thought her hair was cute. And her cute "cheese" smile.
Mackay's hand print on our car. We thought it was so cute. This was taken at the time of the hike.
Nate got some new hiking boots for Christmas, and whenever he is wearing them and there is water around, he has to go step in it. (I'm not kidding.)


There were these signs along the trail that told about the history of the area and wildlife around. It was a little book (not too little, made out of wood), but Mackay wanted to turn the pages, so Nate had to smash his face against the board so she could read the book.
This is one of the many breaks we took along the way. It looks like Mackay is giving a thumbs up.
Nate's model pose with poor Mackay in the back.
After the hike we met our friends, Mark and Christine, at Big Jud's, a local favorite, famous for their big hamburgers. We got one burger and split it in four and we were all satisfied after. Since this picture Christine has had her baby. A whopping 9 lb 7 0z little boy they named Gavin.Mark has never been to many of the local favorites, so we have taken it upon ourselves to show him the perks of Rexburg. After checking Big Jud's off the list, Mesa Falls and the Sand Dunes are some of the activities we have left.There is a wall with pictures of everyone who has successfully completed eating the Big Jud. Nate did it a few years ago, and so did his date. (Not me.) They also have a board for those that have eaten the double Jud, and the Triple. I actually am feeling sick right now even thinking about that.

1 comments:

Cammie said...

Wow, that's one big hamburger. My favorite picture is Mackay reading that book with Nate's face shoved against the sign. haha