Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Should I Be Concerned?

Mackay had her first day of preschool today since December. One of her classmates moved, so a new kid was there today. I prepped her the whole week before school that there was going to be a new friend at school, and his name was Jacob. So today, driving home from school, I asked her how her new friend was.

She said, "I don't like him."

What? How can a 3 year old not like someone? I kept asking questions, "Why?" I said.

"Because he was just so frustrated." After a little more conversation she said, "He was frustrated, and I was frustrated. And he doesn't like me, either."

I was completely consumed by this. What the heck happened? And where did she learn to express herself so well? So I called her teacher when I got home to see if she noticed anything. She said that on three separate occasions Mackay came up to her and let her know that she didn't want to sit by Jacob. Since this is his first preschool experience, he wasn't very good at circle time and couldn't hold still very well. Apparently Mackay was very distracted by this, and completely apawled by his behavior. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

And for the sake of pictures, we took these yesterday. And before we went outside Mackay said, "Let's go outside, but don't bring your camera." Sorry, girl.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love these!

Cammie said...

wow, I'm impressed with how well she expressed herself too!

Lexi said...

I have a feeling Mackay would be very frustrated with Parker. I myself find it frustrating to be around such an active child all the time.

She's such a smart, funny little girl. I get a kick out of all of your stories. I can't wait for the Zack stories to begin.

The Robinsons said...

Your pictures are adorable! You are so talented!