Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 2010

I really hope to not to make this a monthly ritual. I want to update this thing more often than that. But life sure gets busy! So for right now, here is a February re-cap.

Since Southwest is an official sponsor to the NBA-All Star stuff, he got some free tickets to a jam session. We had no idea what it was, have no interest in basketball, but thought it would be something fun to do that was out of our norm. And while we were a little out of place, with two strollers, and not buying into the $80 basketballs, we still had a fun time walking around.

Someone who plays basketball has a really big hand.


And there would have been no point in going if it weren't for this.
As soon as we walked in I saw everyone with them. I immediately looked at Nate and without speaking, he knew I had to have one. When we found where Taco Bell was set up, and saw what it was going to take to get a giant taco shaped hat, my heart sank. It was for kids, and it was an agility course. There was no way I was going to dribble, pass, and shoot in front of all those people. So I looked to Nate. And he said no. Just before we were to leave, I was trying to come to grips with the fact that I wasn't going to be getting a hat. What was I going to do with it, anyway? I think Nate saw the disappointment on my face, so he walked up to the ladies handing them out and asked them for one. They looked at him, looked at me, and then looked down at Mackay. Instead of a pleading look on her face she had a look of, "What are you looking at me for? It's not for me, it's for my mom." Luckily they don't read children very well, because they handed us one. Wahoo! So now I have no idea what to do with it. I randomly will wear it around the house for a while. I have no place to put it, and there is no way I am throwing it away.



Moving on.... Mackay saing, "Mom, take my picture!"
Nate was watching the kids one Saturday afternoon, walked out of the room for a minute. When he walked back in he found this: Is it a baby? Or a taco? Poor Zack.
My two kids hanging out.
Mackay is getting into this phase of always making faces for the camera. Here she is just out of the shower, still in just her towel, sitting at the kitchen table for breakfast.
This Sunday afternoon Mackay wanted to paint some Curious George suncatchers we got for her. So I took her dress off so she wouldn't get it dirty. She still has her underwear on, but Nate and I thought this looked so funny. Painting naked in her boots.
I ran to the grocery store one evening, and came home to this. I am so blessed to know what real happiness feels like. I love my family!

7 comments:

Jonathan and Janessa said...

so cute! I'm glad you got your taco hat :)

Kate said...

Love all the pictures. And I love the taco bell hat. May that appear in many more photos!

Lexi said...

You should do a "Where's Waldo" kind of thing with the Taco Bell hat. Randomly have it somewhere in your pictures and see if people can find it. Not that it would be very hard to find...

As always, I love seeing pictures of your funny, beautiful little family. You guys do so many fun things!

Cammie said...

I LOVE THE HAT!!!!!! I laughed so hard when I saw it. What a nice husband to get it for you!

Diane said...

I believe that's the best Conquista-tacor hat I've ever seen. Hey Nathan! Can you get one for your Mom, too?

Kylee said...

what cute kids! I loved the taco hat!! great to see the kids and you guys too! take care!

Mardi said...

Kalli -
Do you remember Chris and I from Rexburg? Where do you guys live? We live just south of Dallas. E-mail me sometime: mardi wyatt at gmail dot com.