Good news: We were trying to figure out Nate's schedule for next semester. I tried for weeks to "encourage" (I use this word to replace Nate's word of "nagging") Nate to get his schedule ready for registration. Well, when there was only a few days before we had to register, he was in a frenzy to figure out which classes he needed, what his emphasis and cluster were going to be (things that needed to be decided long in advance), and generally what he wanted to do with the rest of his life needed to be decided in a few days. In my view, the business department tries to "innovate" things, and just makes everything really complicated. So we couldn't find classes he needed, he only had two semesters left to fit everything in to graduate, and so he went to talk to someone on campus. The magical words, "You don't need to take these 9 credits." It seems like where graduation is concerned, things never work out in your favor, but this time they did! Nate now only needs 17 credits to finish his bachelors degree and we are graduating next semester. July 18, 2008 to be exact. The other perfect thing is that I finish my schooling next semester, too. We are so excited (and almost equally as scared), to be done with school and enter the real world. Woohoo!
Mackay had a blow-out while at CeeCee's. Here she is wearing a Beetle's shirt. Her face is pretty cute, too. Mackay is trying to learn how to use a spoon. Actually, her 1 year well-check is coming up, and I just found out that one of the questions they ask you is if your child can eat with a spoon. Well, Mackay can't. We haven't really tried. So I feel like we're cramming for a test trying to get ready for her doctor's appointment and so I don't look like a bad mother.
Mackay's favorite past-time is playing the guitar. We believe she will be something like "August Rush" (good movie). She has learned to strum, but her favorite thing is banging on it and holding the strings down when Nate is trying to play.
5 years ago

9 comments:
I love the picture of her with your mittens on...it is such a cute little face. She is looking more grown up. I love to see the pictures. And yipppeee that you'll be done with school in July!!! Celebration time!!
I am so glad you posted again, not that I am much better, but we don't have an adorable little girl to post pictures of!
Watch out for that jumping in the bed fascination; it only leads to totally surprising Mom and Dad. We used to put Jason down for the night, hear him cry a little, then THUNK, and out of the room he would walk all proud of himself for having gotten out of bed. And that was with the mattress at its lowest station. Maybe Mackay won't take after that Uncle! I see a little girl, rather than a baby, starting to peek through in all that cuteness. Hugs and kisses from Grandma!
Yippee...a new post. I have been checking faithfully to see what is happening in your amazingly adventurous lives and today was my lucky day!
I loved all the pictures and the stories. William loved seeing Mackay and even had to go back and see some of his favorites again.
Thanks for sharing some fun things. And, congrats to both you and Nathan...what an exciting accomplishment!
Everyone here said, "Wow, she has so much hair!" She is really growing up and getting cuter and cuter! Love all the cute pictures.
this is your brother kyle. i am to lazy to make an account so i will be posting as "anonymous" she is so dang cute, she is the only girl that has my heart, other than you and mom of course. i think we're coming up this weekend so i can see her again
You've been tagged! Look at my blog! :)
Hey Ms. Kalli!! It has been a LONG time!! Anyways your dad hooked me up with your blog!! We have one too!!! It's soo good to find family on this thing. Hope everything is good.
-Crystal Valentine Balazik
I forgot to leave our blog address!!! When ya'll have the time come take a peek!!!
http://balaziks.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment