Mackay has been such a joy since she has been able to walk. She has been even more fun when we can go outside and play, as opposed to trying to create fun in our small 790 square foot apartment. Maybe I'm just not creative, but there seems to be a limit to what you can do inside, especially after so many long months of cold.
These pictures are of Mackay on the side of our apartments. We recently got new managers, and they don't realize that they are supposed to be mowing this small plot of grass. It makes for a very nice jungle scene.I like this teeth shot.
This past weekend we went to the splash park in town. It was incredibly crowded with kids and adults, but Mackay managed to have a good time.
She's yelling at something or someone here, I can't remember, but I thought it was a pretty cute picture.
Whenever Mackay feels it is appropriate, she claps. Here, we were trying to get her to like the water, so we kept saying, "Yeah!" And "yeah" is a word that means, "clap".
Other clapping stories: We have only been to one full game of Matthew's ultimate frisbee, but the one we did go to, every time people cheered she would stop whatever she was doing and clap, too. It seems that she clapped mostly for the other team, always being to preoccupied when Matt's team did something good.
The other day Nate took me to the driving range to learn how to hit a golf ball. (I did much better than I thought I would.) Mackay went to Berkeley's house to play. Well, awkward story goes that Berkeley was in the bathroom about to get into the tub, completely in the nude and attempting to climb into the bathtub when Mackay walked in, saw Berkeley mooning her, and started clapping. We did not teach her that.
All these stories show how good of a clapper Mackay is.In this picture the water sprays up in a circle, so you can stand in the middle. Last time we were at the splash park Mackay snuck in without touching any of the water and thought it was really fun. The only problem was she couldn't get out without being sprayed in the face. The next time we went Mackay wanted to go inside again, but she wanted me to come with her. We both got soaked, but she loved it.
Mackay and Dad are pretty good pals.
5 years ago

6 comments:
Clapping for Mackay whose beautiful smile and sparkling eyes make my day! -Colorado Grandma
I love the pictures of Mackay in the grass! She makes me think of a lion ready to pounce. :-) Also, the pictures of Nate and Mackay are so cute! Thanks for sharing!
I love that Bill, the duck/chicken (is that right?) is in the grass shots too. What a babe you have!
kalli, you're baby is adorable. you and your husband have made a cute kid! i hope your 2nd child doesn't feel left out if you don't take 5903927 photos of her/him too!
I love these pictures! Mackay is SO cute! I love keeping up with your lives through your blog! I'm so glad everything is going so well! :) Keep in touch!
I have to say, you've really taken to the whole photography thing. Your pictures look so professional!
Post a Comment