We actually graduated from college! The morning of I woke up so excited! I had made a paper chain 123 days before, and had it strung around our room because Nate didn't want it to be anywhere where people might actually see it. Here I am standing on my bed pulling off the last chain on Friday morning, the morning of graduation.I was really excited...
Really, really, really excited.
Nate and I sat together at the commencement, but then had to split up for the convocation where we actually received our diplomas. Actually, diploma covers. I was in the Taylor and received my diploma cover from Brother Henry Eyring.
Beautiful sunset behind the construction of a new building being built on campus.
Nate and I met up together afterwards to compare diplomas. There were 48 couples that graduated together, and we were one of them!
We felt pretty gipped that we only got a cover, with no diploma.
Please forgive my shoes, story to come.
Me with my mom and dad.
So I was wearing a bright pink shirt, and had some really cute shoes that went with them. They are high heels, and not very comfortable, but I can handle church for three hours, so I figured I would be able to handle graduation. One night, it was worth having cute shoes for. Well, we were told to line up 45 minutes before commencement. We met in the Clarke building, then walked down the stairs, around the building, out the door, up the hill to the Smith building, back down the hill, past the library, Spori, and Romney, to finally make it into the Hart auditorium. All the hiking up and down the hill killed my feet, and I could feel the blisters start to form. After commencement in the Hart, I walked to the Taylor (past the library, through the Manwaring Center, and up some stairs). So afterwards, my feet were killing me, but I had just bought brand new tights that day, so I refused to ruin them. My mom let me borrow her sandals for the remainder of the evening and she went barefoot. Thanks mom!
Nate with his parents.
Nate had most of his family come out to see him graduate. It was so much fun spending time with them all, and it was so nice for them to come so far to spend time in our little apartment.
Woohoo! We did it!
5 years ago

5 comments:
Congratulations Kalli and Nate that is awesome!! Hope your move to TX goes well! Now it gets really exciting! Actually I don't totally know because Ryan is still in school! But fun none the less.
Congrats Kalli! :) I loved all the pictures and I'm SO excited for you! :)
Kalli, you are such a great photographer. It must be inherited.
Love
Dad
Congratulations guys! We'll miss you in the neighborhood & ward but good luck in Dallas!
Post a Comment