We decided to go to Utah for 4th of July for the last time before moving to Dallas. It was a packed weekend! Nate says that he didn't even have time to relax from the long hours of school work, but we still enjoyed ourselves. We got to Utah on Thursday evening, and immediately went to the mountains for the boys to go mountain biking. Mackay enjoyed cheering on the boys, eating dirt, picking flowers, and sitting on a big rock.
Mackay LOVES Chad. When I say love, I mean it. If Chad is in the room, she wants to be with him. When he walks out of the room, Mackay cries. They sure have fun together, and Mackay can really wear Chad out. You will see more pictures of them throughout the post.
I thought this was a cute smile of Mackay looking at Chad.
This is a picture of Nate and Chad after their first bike ride of the weekend (there were three). This picture was taken before the "incident".

The incident: Nate did really well mountain biking, and is really a natural dare devil--until he got to the parking lot. Chad jumped his bike over a ledge in the parking lot after the bike ride, and so Nate thought he would give it a try. My mom and I were attending to Mackay's photo shoot, but story goes that he didn't get up enough speed, his front wheel just went down, and his body went over the top. Even with these hands he went biking two more times and golfing.

This is after the second bike ride. For 4th of July, we went up to Park City to spend the day and the boys went to Deer Valley Resort to go biking down the ski trails.

Chad, Dad, Nate, and Matt after the ride.

While the boys had their adventure, Mackay, my mom and I had one of our own. We drove around for a really long time getting lost and trying to find a place to eat. Once we did, and realized it was a 45 minute wait and $15 for a hamburger, we drove all the way back down the mountain and found Quizznos. My mom asked for a warm cookie, and the picture below is what we got. They tried to just act all nonchalant, to see if they could get by with not doing more work than they had to, and my mom let them. It didn't taste too bad, but Mackay refused to eat it.

Mackay after meeting the boys.

Mackay and Chad.

Grandma Linda and Mackay

Mackay has recently learned how to walk on grass. (I had no idea how uneven the ground could be, and how difficult it would be to walk on). So she had a great time wandering around.

Chad and Mackay.

Chad was trying to get Mackay to come to him, but she had other plans.
Thanks for a good time in Utah Fillmore family!
7 comments:
LOL about "the loop". Those were some really cute pics you posted - I wish I had been in Utah so I could have seen you before you head to the Lone Star state. Every time I eat a bean burrito from Taco Bell, I think of you. Always will.
We also spent time with the Daynes, Bingham, and Barker side, just forgot the camera! But don't want to forget about them!
Looks like a fun time. Chad wants to remind you to take lots of pictures of all your kids, not just the first one.
Love Mom Fillmore
You three create the most amazing adventures! Although, dirt-eating I should like to pass up participating in with Mackay.
The ride is the Alpine Coaster, thus the similarity to a roller coaster. Matt and Chad were pretty excited that Kalli believed them as much as she did about the loop. Chad tried to get Nate to ride a different bike over the jump, but Nate had it all figured out. Yea sure. We sure loved having you play with us this weekend and hope you will do it again. Hope we didn't wear you out too much.
I love the picture of Doug and Mackay. It is fun to see that side of my big brother.
Looks like you had a fun time! I loved all the pictures! What a sweet little girl you have! :)
Post a Comment