Mackay is pretty obsessed with dogs right now, so we thought it would be fun to take her to the zoo to see all of the animals. When we realized the price of going to walk around in the sweltering heat, we decided against it. Instead, we came up with the ingenious idea to take Mackay to a pet store. This specific store we went to let you hold the dogs in a little room--way better than the zoo! (And cheaper, too!--if you don't buy anything). Mackay got to hold a King Charles, which she absolutely loved. When we found out it was only $1,400, we decided it wasn't cute enough to keep.
These pictures are taken with Nate's camera phone--pretty good!
This blank stare on Mackay's face was what she was like most of the time. It was almost like she was saying, "I've been looking forward to this moment my entire life, just let me sit and enjoy it." The dog did really well for how Mackay insisted on holding it so tightly in a head lock.
One evening after dinner, Nate took us to "The Trail Drive"--the world's largest bronze monument. It consists of over 40 cattle being driven by some cowboys on horses. It was pretty cool seeing this western setting in the heart of downtown, with skyscrapers all around.Right by the bronze monument was a really old cemetery. Mackay never looks at the camera with a normal face, so I had to include this one.
We have a beautiful park and lake by our house where Mackay and I like to go to feed the ducks. This one day big geese came up to us, too close for my comfort, to get some bread. That is why we are standing on the bench. We look happy, but I am really freaking out and begging Nate to chase of the geese. He didn't, and we survived.
I saw this old man walking briskly on the trail by the lake, wearing his Navy hat, and carrying his cane. I just thought it was so cute, I had to take a picture. He reminded me of President Hinckley when he would wave his cane in the air instead of actually use it.
Mackay at the park. This day was her first big tantrum. She did not want to go home, but I was sweating so bad, and was so exhausted that I was a little selfish and determined that it was time to go. She screamed all the way back to the car, all the way home, all the way into the house, and all the way straight to her bed where she slept soundly.
Mackay going down the slide all by herself. Don't be too impressed, she had to scootch herself all the way down.
Here is Mackay playing with something under the park bench.
Here Nate has lifted Mackay into the air. She loved it, and luckily I got a picture!
5 years ago

6 comments:
Those were the cutest pictures ever! Mackay always has the sweetest look on her face. The sepia ones were amazing. I had to look again and again. They should be in a magazine or something.
Looks like she is having fun there!
Love ya,
Mom Fillmore
Kalli,
I love your posts! That picture of Mackay flying in the air is priceless as well as her story of her first tantrum. Wish we all lived closer so we could enjoy getting together more often....but it's good to get your updates :) Take care down there!
come home and visit i miss her and you of course
so cute! looks like you guys have lots of fun things to do around there!
i love the pics that you're taking, Kalli! Mackay is such a doll and I think it is so cute that she loves dogs so much. What a babe!
"And they called it puppy l-o-v-e!"
Let's just say we all fall in love with Mackay's beautiful eyes and cute, sweet expressions!
Post a Comment