Monday, September 29, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit to Dallas

Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore were able to visit this past weekend and we had so much fun!! When Grandma and Grandpa first arrived Mackay was really shy, but she quickly warmed up by giving all her stuffed animals to sleeping Grandpa, and ordering them around the house to do whatever she wanted to do--she has become way too good at that.

Mackay and her binkies. She loves binkies so much, but usually only gets them when she goes to bed--except for when she knows how to crawl under her crib and get all the ones that have fallen behind there...We went to Bachman Lake by our house and Mackay had so much fun on the toys!
Here she is rock climbing, and she really got in this position all by herself--though we had to help her up the rest of the way. Nate was very proud, as you can imagine.
Mackay loves wearing glasses. Here she is wearing Grandma's. She would not smile for the life of her. When she is wearing glasses, she is always in character with a very straight face.
I gave her my phone and the photo worked perfectly.
We went to the 6th Floor Museum by where Kennedy was shot and where he was shot from. Here we are on the grassy knoll.
Kennedy was shot at 3 times, and there were 3 X's in the middle of the street--we assumed that they were marking where the shots were fired, so Nate ran with Mackay into the middle of the street. The cars on the left side of the picture are moving our direction-I took the picture as quickly as I could and then yelled for him to get out of the street with our daughter.
The window where Kennedy was shot from. It is second from the top.
This was a beautiful building in downtown Dallas. It is being turned into a Museum, and used to be the courthouse.
We went to the largest bronze monument in downtown Dallas. Mackay stuck her hand in the nostril of one of the cows.
Grandpa, Grandma, and Mackay. Grandpa had to force Mackay's head toward the camera because she was very intent on watching some kid climb a tree.
Grandma and Mackay playing in the water.
Grandma and Mackay
We stuck Mackay in a stirrup of one of the bronze horses. She actually fit and actually loved it!
Mackay and Grandpa. She has him wrapped around her little finger. All she had to do was send a big cheesy smile his way and he melted in her tiny little hands.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for the fun weekend.

Love ya,

Mom Fillmore

Idaho Millers said...

I can't believe how big she is getting, she looks so old in the pictures.

Stephanie said...

Cute Pictures! :) So look at the one with her hand in the nostril again. Before seeing the next picture with your dad in it I thought the hand on your moms left shoulder was MacKay's... I mean not really cause it's huge and manly - but it's a funny illusion if you think about it. :) I hope you guys are doing well :)

TJ-n-Crystal said...

I love the pictures with her in the glasses...so serious...so studious!!! What an adorable little lass you have there!!!

bren said...

Hey, I sent you an invite to my photo blog. I labeled it my "Practice photo blog", since that's exactly what it is, they're really not that great. So just incase you haven't heard yet, JASON is the next Bachelor, starting in January! I am SOOOO excited!

Brooke said...

Hey, Kalli! I was home for my little brother's birthday on Sunday and I talked to your mom at church... she said you had a blog so I totally stalked you down!! Your blog is adorable and so is your little girl. I hope things are going well for you in Texas. Here's my blog if you're interested in keeping in touch ... syntaxandsyllables.blogspot.com. I'm just in Ogden working right now. Post-mission adjustment was interesting but I'm feeling pretty normal now. Love ya!

Brooke