Thursday, May 28, 2009

Plea

More to come with pictures, I promise. But right now I need to make a plea:

What kind of stroller, if any, is best for two kids?

There is tandem or side-by-side. They also have the kind where the toddler sits backwards or stands in the back. Tandem I can put a car seat in, with side-by-side I would have to be taking the baby out of a car seat. With side-by-side the kids can sit together, theoretically Mackay would be able to help Baby Brother. Side-by-side also would make it so both kids could see equally, as opposed to Mackay sitting in the back kicking the front chair all the time. Tandem seems like you would be pushing a bus, but side-by-side might not fit through all doors, between clothing racks, etc. I want something that isn't incredibly huge, and that I can lift into our Jeep by myself. Oh, and with the new standing toddler strollers: what if Mackay doesn't want to sit backwards on a backless, hard, plastic seat? Or what if she doesn't want to stand up? I have no other options at that point.

With Mackay, we really went through three different strollers. The traditional stroller that holds a car seat; the jogging stroller which is incredibly huge, but great for exercising; and the cheap $10 umbrella stroller for every day use. I don't want to have to buy three different strollers for the baby--that could get very expensive.

Do people even use double strollers? How old are children when they don't use strollers anymore? I don't want to be pushing around a huge double stroller for one child.

Please, I hope there is someone out there who has an idea on this. I only have 109 days to go people!

7 comments:

Mortensen Family said...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3043992

that's the one I'm getting because you can put the infant seat in it. I wanted a side by side one. I felt like when the girls get older they aren't going to want to sit behind one another because who wants to have a blocked view. I got a house instead so this is suppose to be my x-mas present. It got really good reviews as well and comes in other colors. That is my pick though.

Kim said...

The only one I know of is somewhere around the $800 range, I am not sure that is what you are looking for. I will have to ask my upstairs neighbor because she has one that is what I am thinking of and I'm not sure that she would have paid that much. I will check it out for you.

Cammie said...

I had this same problem and still haven't come up with a solution. I don't really want to have to buy another one because they are so expensive! This is what I do. When we go somewhere ( which isn't very often, it sucks packing two kids around) I put Kaleb in the stroller and then I have one of those backpacks with a leash on it for Jane. She likes to wear it. Then she can walk, but I can still hold on to her so that she doesn't take off. Then if we go somewhere big, like the zoo, Tim will be with me and Jane goes in the umbrella stroller and Kaleb goes in the other. Keep me updated if you find a double stroller you like!

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

We happened to get a tandom stroller for free which to this point (which isn't far) it has worked great. I figure by the time the youngest is old enough to care if they can see then the older sibling will want to walk most of the time and you will be back to a single stroller. I have also seen the side by side umbrella strollers which would be light and easy to use and I don't think they are as wide as most double strollers. The baby should be able to sit in it at about 4 months. I hope you find something that works for you.

The Robinsons said...

I just bought a Phil and Teds stroller. Have you heard of a Phil and Teds? It is AWESOME! They had a great deal at Costco last week. They were selling the Phil and Teds Sport with the double seat and an attachment to make the double seat into a bouncer for only $300! It's kind of expensive, but it's the best deal that I've ever seen for this stroller and everything that comes with it. Unfortunately, they are currently sold out. Hopefully Costco will carry them again! If you have any questions about the Phil and Teds stroller, give me a call and I will sell you on it!

Kyle said...

Just make mackay walk

Justin, Kelli, Estin & Eli said...

So Kalli...I'm in the exact same predicament as you are. I've been doing my research, and if and when we can afford it... I think I like this stroller best... http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Quattro-Tour-Duo-Stroller/dp/B00190M0LC/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

Let me know if you find anything great!