Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Utah

We had a great trip to Utah. Mackay and I were there for about a week and a half and played hard. Mackay started to get used to having Coke and cookies for breakfast before Andy left on his mission. So there is one plus to him leaving. I got four photoshoots and a cold in while I was there, too. So it was very productive.

We got to attend one of Chad's soccer games. He has played soccer since he was legally old enough to enroll, and he is very good at it. My mom got some great shots with my camera.


We went to the park one afternoon with the boys. Mackay had a great time, as did my brothers, I'm sure.
These pictures are backwards, but I am getting tired and I don't want to swap them all around. Mackay has her shirt off at the park because of pictures you will see later of her getting wood chips all down her shirt. I love her little strut.
Mackay was skins, Kyle was shirts. Playing a little one-on-one.
In the wood chips. Cute little toes peeking through.
After the boys buried Mackay, I told Chad to go get next to her so I could get a picture. That is when she decided to throw a handful of wood chips.

Playing on the swing. I know this picture is blurry, but I thought it was so cute.
I did a photoshoot with Andy before his mission. We dressed Mackay up too, to match one of Andy's ties. Mackay was overjoyed since she had been asking if she could wear her dress for the previous three days.
Mackay will not let me get one picture of her smiling. I guess I've brought it upon myself. In trying to get a grin, she made this face. What a smart alec.
We told Mackay to go stand by Andy. This is what she did.
What a stud!
This is a random picture of before Utah, but it couldn't be grouped with anything else. One of those dumb mom moments times two: I took the huge bag of bird seed out onto the patio to fill up the bird feeder. After filling it up, I sat the bird seed right inside the door so that it would be out of Mackay's immediate way and I could put it away. Well, I forgot to put it away and she tried to pick it up herself, creating a mess on the carpet. Then I thought to myself, "How frustrating. I'll take a picture and blog about this." So, I layed Mackay down next to it, got the picture, and while I was putting my camera back in it's bag, she started throwing the bird seed around the room. That is where the "dumb mom times two" comes in. Mackay normally sits in time out for doing something she knows she is not supposed to for two minutes. She sat in the corner for the entire time I was cleaning up this mess I was so frustrated--with her and with myself.

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

Your little girl is so cute. I'm glad you had a good time in Utah.

Mortensen Family said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast. We are jealous. We wish you guys lived closer so we could play more. Hopefully McKay doesn't get anymore ear infections. I know they are a popular thing here in San Antonio. She sure is cute though.