Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Funny Words

Mackay is such a sweetheart. She is so beautiful and so full of energy (although a lot of times it can be too much energy). I love being home with her all day. She can be quite the entertainer. She has been talking for a while now, but recently has started to say some pretty interesting things. It just hit me today that I better be writing these down before I forget them. I'm sure she will love to hear these some day when she is older:

Driving down the road in silence, just Mackay and I: "Dad's foot is dirty."

Walking into our room at a way too early time of 6:15am, getting right up to Nate's face and the first words out of her mouth being, "I want some chicken nuggets."

Trying to put on my shorts while I was folding the laundry, and when I told her that those were mine, she said, "No, my shorts, honey."

Again folding laundry, Mackay found one of her mis-matched socks. I helped her put it on, but then she wanted the other one. When I told her I couldn't find the other one she said, "I need to buy some new socks."

Standing in the kitchen with me, and when I looked down at her she was stripping down completely naked. I must have had a concerned look on my face, because she reassured me with, "I'm being funny."

During Family Home Evening last night, we were talking about family and how you can show your love for your family by doing nice things for them. I had cut out little pictures of general family members, and one by one we were talking about who they were and how we could serve them. She pulled out a little boy, and when Nate asked her who it was she paused for a moment, thinking really hard and then said questioningly, "Gordon B. Hinckley?"

See what I mean? Entertaining.

And here is a random picture to hold you over to my next picture-filled post. Mackay loves playing with her babies. It makes it difficult when she had to be playing with all of them at the same time. This is an all too common scene in our house.

6 comments:

Diane said...

The Entertainer got a big smile out of Grandma!

Allen Family said...

Kids say the funniest things. I love it. Kaeson does the same thing with all his toys. It must be the age thing.

Mortensen Family said...

That's so cute. I love the baby pictures. She will be so much help with the baby boy.

Kim said...

I laughed out loud at those. I love the "I'm being funny." You know I love what the little kiddlets say. Love it! You are in for some great entertaining.

Cammie said...

So cute! Such a funny girl

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Brian and I really enjoyed your funny girl! thanks for the laughs!