Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life

Here is a conglomeration of random photos taken throughout our entertaining days.

I had a weekday photoshoot, and Nate had downtown meetings all day, so we met at the park to switch Mackay off. We had a few minutes to sit and relax together, and Nate found a lizard. He rummaged through the bushes and caught him!
He was a little guy (or her, I don't really know), but he had a very big mouth. When he finally closed it, Nate said, "Get a picture of Mackay kissing it." "What?" He made sure not to get her too close.
We bought Baby Brother a car seat last month, and Mackay had a grand time sitting in it while she watched tv. This specific day she wanted me to get a picture. So I did. And then she was wanting something, I'm not really sure what. I was just getting a few more pictures before helping her, but she would have none of it. I love the next few pictures. It shows the stages of a tantrum:

Whine, whine whine. And when you are apparently not being heard...
...the frustration inside builds to the point that limbs stiffen:
And then it is full blown red faced bawling. How quickly a mood can change.
Here Mackay wanted tights on--and then she wanted her arms in. (Random note: Right now it is 7:00pm on Wednesday night and the tornado sirens have started going off.)
Mackay in the pool with her babies.
This one day Mackay and I went out by the pool, and immediately I began to get eaten alive by mosquitoes. So after 10 minutes we came inside and played in the tub in our swimming suits (or soup-soups as Mackay would say). When we got out Mackay refused to take her swimming suit off and get dressed. So while she was sitting on the couch and I was in my room getting ready she found the sun screen that I had left out and took the liberty of rubbing it all over her face, arms, swimming suit, legs, and couch. There is a tad of a learning curve associated with having a toddler. Never be in too much of a hurry not to put the sunscreen or lotion away.

2 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

I think it is definitely good that I have friends with children older than Sydney so I can try to learn some of these lessons before hand.

Allen Family said...

She is such a cutie. I would just like to warn you about letting the older child use the babies new things. My son had a really hard time because he thought they were his. But maybe your little girl is more loving and willing to share.