Life has been a whirlwind since Zack has been born--which has been nice. Sleep deprivation hasn't been too overwhelming, and we have managed to capture some good moments in life on camera.
Today I was feeling overly productive, and I cleaned Mackay's room spotless. A few minutes later I came in to see her own organization techniques. Visiting teachers came over later, which made her room look like a tornado had blown through. But at least for a couple of minutes I had serenity.One evening Mackay and Nate were playing alone together. This is what resulted:
Then it was Mackay's turn:
I knew this would cause problems for me later, and this is a picture from the next day: We drill into their minds that they are only to color on paper, and then one crazy evening with Dad ruins it all.
I have been craving sweets, and I have made two desserts in the last week (very unlike me, and really not a good idea). It has been a fun thing that Mackay and I have been able to do together. Mackay's favorite part is licking the beaters.
One afternoon Mackay was wanting some cheese. So I cut her a few slices, but then Zack was needing attention. So I left her slices of cheese on the counter for her to grab as well as the block of cheese. Next thing I knew she was saying, "I have the big cheese."
She ate some good chunks out of it.
We have had rain pretty much non-stop for the past week. Which has been lovely! What a nice break from the heat. Though this weather would have been nice a month ago when I was large and uncomfortable with child.
Mackay was very excited when we told her she could play in the rain.
Mackay for some reason feels that Zack constantly needs to be wearing her shoes. The problem is that they don't fit very well, but she insists. Here is little tortured Zack:
Today's heart pumping moment: I left the living room for a moment to get something out of my bedroom. All of a sudden I heard Mackay saying, "He likes goldfish! He likes goldfish!" I ran into the room seeing Zack peacefully on the floor (thank heaven), and a Pepperidge Farm Goldfish lying next to him. Luckily it wasn't stuffed in his mouth, but I smelled his breath and it definitely smelled like goldfish. Again we emphasized, Zack does not eat food, he only drinks milk.
5 years ago

2 comments:
What are we going to do with these silly girls! They sure keep life interesting. Din Nate get in trouble for teaching her bad things?
I love Mackay's face in the marker picture with Nathan. Must run in the family about licking beaters. That's Nicholas' and Emilie's favorite parts too.
Post a Comment