Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Woohoo! We did it!

For Labor Day weekend we took a little vacation down to Pocatello to run a half marathon (13.1 miles). We got these cool microfiber shirts, a duffle bag, and, of course, a sack of potatoes. These are the before pictures:This is my running partner, Christine.
And Nate's running partner, Mark.
Luckily my family came to watch Mackay while we ran the race--and afterward when we weren't very mobile. This is what my family was doing for a few hours before they came to cheer us on at the end of the race--just taking pictures of Mackay.

Nate ran the whole thing without even walking! He finished the race in just under 2 hours.

Then here is everybody waiting for me. They only had to wait around for 45 extra minutes.

And here I am crossing the finish line. The picture doesn't even do justice at how awful I felt afterwards. My time was 2:44, and to think that I want to do this again?

Luckily the runners got free food and dinks, so after a while of aided walking and trying to eat something, I could put a smile on my face.
Woohoo! We did it!!
It felt so nice going back to the hotel and slipping into the pool. Mackay was a little anxious about this large body of water. Uncle Chad was there to help her out.

She probably just didn't like having a huge diaper.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Looking like Pros!!! And see just how proud Mackay is of her Mom and Dad. Congratulations on great finish!
Mom from Colorado

Lexi said...

You look way too good for having felt so sick. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we had a fun trip. Us Utahns did. Can't wait until your next marathon. You know, if you run a full marathon we could spend more time with Mackay. You both did awesome.

Love you,

Mom

Kristalyn said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You guys are awesome! I did a 1/2 marathon in college and I know how hard it can be. Good Job!