Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Any recipes?

I've got 41 days (hopefully less) before Baby Brother enters the world. I just had an ultrasound today which showed that Baby Brother isn't so little--he is already almost 6 lbs--and I've still got 6 weeks left! So I really hope that he comes earlier rather than later.

If anyone knows me, they know that I like to prepare and make lists. I LOVE lists. (And if anyone knows my sweet husband Nate, they know he HATES lists. We are a perfect match.) And when I get excited for something, I have to make a list of some sort. I remember going to EFY (Especially for Youth) for the first time and my packing list was so precise and specific, "green Gap shirt", and "dark Silver jeans", etc. That way I knew that when I was packing (two weeks in advance) that nothing was going to be left out, and I would have exactly what I wanted when I got there. No stress! Growing up lists were also good for activity ideas when I had a friend coming over to play, that way I never needed to stress about what else we could do, I just needed to look at my list. Now lists serve me in my business, when I run out of pose ideas in the middle of a photoshoot, I have a list of other ideas that I have previously thought of to jog my creativity. Maybe I should become a professional list maker...

Anyway, (I really love lists.) I was just sitting on the couch making a list of things that I still needed to buy before the baby comes. And then I started making my list of things I need to get from people before the baby arrives. And then there was "Things I need to do before baby is born" and "Things I need to do before we move" and "What to pack for hospital" etc, etc, etc. You get the idea. Well, one of the things on one of those lists is making freezer meals for after the baby comes for those days that there is no way I am showering, let alone making dinner. I did this for when Mackay was born, but a lot of the meals I made weren't really that good for freezing, and when they were re-heated they were dry and not very appetizing. So an appendage to my "What to do before baby arrives" list is "Recipes to make and freeze" and thought that it would be great if anyone had any great ideas for recipes that they froze and enjoyed later.

*Whew* that was a long explanation for the question: Can you please send me some good freezer meal recipes?

Thanks

Kalli (And I'm sure Nate, Mackay, and Baby Brother will be thankful, too)

You can either leave them in comments, or e-mail them to me: kallibarker86@gmail.com

Thanks, again!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm a total list-er too. I love to make lists! There is such satisfaction in crossing something off of your list once you've got it done.

Cammie said...

I have a couple good ones, but they are at my mom's house, and she's out of town. I'll try and get them for you some time next week.

Aimee said...

Oh that is so funny Nate doing surgery on mackay. That is so exciting you are getting so close to having baby #2 I am also a list maker.
Love Aimee