Sorry it has been so long since I have posted any pictures! I haven't even taken them off my camera...yeah...I am that lazy--or I am that uncomfortable. Nate is off having a "Guy's night in" at his friend's house while the wife and kids are away, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity for me to update my blog!
Mackay has turned into quite the character. A tease, actually. The Barker's could have warned me how dominant that gene was. On this particular day I asked Mackay to throw something in the garbage. She came to me saying she did something with my purse, and when I followed her into the closet in the kitchen she was so proud to show me that she had thrown my purse away. I told her I had to run and grab my camera, and so she told me she had to run get her camera. She came back with her phone, and after I took this picture of her I was instructed to pose by the garbage can while she took my picture with her phone. She even showed me how cute the picture was afterwards.Browsing the internet for free things to do in Dallas I came upon this free petting zoo. We went one evening just before they closed, and got to see some of the farm animals. Mackay loved it, though it was completely lame for Nate and I.
The funny thing about Nate (and one reason why I love him) is if he has to play with a two year old, he is going to do something that is fun for him and entertains him as well. Mackay came and got me off the couch and said she had something to show me. Here are the two kids doing "surgery".
Nate has a doll's hooded towel around his face and something for fishing as his surgical instrument of choice.
Mackay is laying on the table in her room with a table cloth draped over it. She has cloth napkins on and a nebulizer breathing mask on to make her go to sleep. She was instructed to count to ten, and by then she would be asleep. She closed her eyes after 7--that stuff works good.
Mackay got a package in the mail from Great Grandma Sharon this week. She was so excited to open it and find clothes! She has LOVED wearing her new pajamas. The first night she was actually happy to go to sleep because she got to wear her new pj's. That was a great night! The whole day she was saying, "I want to see Great Grandma." Over and over. We'll have to make our way to Idaho one of these days...
I came into the living room one day to find Mackay reading a book to her baby. She is going to be such a good big sister!
She also put hats on all her dolls. The first one has a camera lens case on, the second has underwear, and the third has a hooded towel.
Nate dressed Mackay up in snow gear.
I love her faces and poses in these two!
We got to go to Vail a couple of weeks ago to see Nate's family and get a little R&R. Nate went fly fishing every morning he could, and I got a little break to lounge around a little more than normal--and walk and hike a little more than normal, too.
The Barker girls worked on the new Young Women virtue value. We took this picture and put it on a wooden picture frame. Mackay loves naming everyone in the picture, but for some reason every time she gets to Kim she says, "Who's that?" Kim! The easiest name in the book! (Sorry, Kim. She really does know who you are.) She also always says, "Where's Nicholas?" And I have to explain to her over and over that Nicholas isn't in this picture, it is just the girls. And then she replies, "No, it's not."
I didn't take too many pictures in Vail. Mostly because I was so exhausted (the high altitude really did get to me--we all thought the doctor was just weird), and also because everyone else usually had their cameras out. I'll have to get more pictures from family and post them later.
And I'm still looking for good freezer recipes! Please send them my way!!
5 years ago

4 comments:
Is there ever a dull moment in your house? I think I chuckled at every single one of those pictures. Ask Kerstin for freezer recipes she has a whole bunch (I would send them to you, but I lost the email she sent me). I'll have to see if I can come up with some to send as well.
Cute pictures. Mackay is a doll as always!!!
Love Mom Fillmore
I LOVED LOOKING AT THOSE PICTURES!! How funny and how into the surgery was both Mackay & Nate. It made me laugh.
FYI- Don't try the surgery at home with your two year olds. Mackay won't take the band-aid off her stomach and every time we try she refuses to let us and says, "It's still hurts." Also, in the snow gear Mackay is actually dressed like a monster. Plus she comes into our room on a nightly basis saying there are monsters in her room.
-Nate
Post a Comment