Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update

It is great having Zack home with us! And it is easier than expected to be the stay-at-home mother of two. Yes, it is twice as busy and stressful, but I am still sane.

It was not at all fun having Zack in the hospital for a whole week, but we did try to take advantage of the time. For example, we went out to sit-down restaurants and we were able to do some special one-on-one things with Mackay for the last time before Zack came home. One afternoon we went to a small amusement park. Totally ghetto, but kids don't know the difference. Mackay had a great time riding on the pony and train around the park. They had some zoo animals to see on the train ride, and also some inflatable alligators. Wow. But Mackay loved it.
Before Zack could come home he had to do a "car seat test", which includes him sitting in his carseat for two hours being monitored all over the place to make sure that he will still be okay in the sitting position. He passed with flying colors.
And then here he is ready to come home...
When we brought Zack home, we placed a toy on his lap to give to Mackay as a present. She loved it (notice her turning to thank Zack). She thought Zack was pretty cool, and she has loved her medical set. All day long she makes cute little comments about Zack like, "He cute." Or, "He talking to me." Or, "That silly kid."
Mackay also bought Zack a stuffed monkey a few months back. She gave that to him as well. And as you can see, he loved his present, too.
Mackay loves holding Zack--for about two seconds. At which time she promptly drops her arms and tries to get off the couch. Funny story today: This morning I was in the bathroom doing something, Nate was in the kitchen doing something, and Zack was laying on the couch. Suddenly I heard Mackay, as happy and proud as she could possibly be, saying, "I'm holding him! I'm holding him!" I ran to see what she was doing, and she definitely was holding Zack, and carrying him into my room to show me. My first thought was fear, and then all I could do was laugh. I couldn't get mad at her because she had been so proud of herself. We did have a long talk afterwards about the rules of carrying Zack--to not to.
When Zack came home from the hospital, my mom loved the fact that he and Nate were matching, so she made us get a picture. I'm glad she did.

7 comments:

Grandpa Fillmore said...

I like Mackay's, "I am so happy to be here" look while she is holding Zack. She just can't let anyone know how fun it is to hold a real baby.

Love Grandpa.

Kim said...

What a cute big sister and a precious baby brother. It is fun to see some more pictures with the two of them. I love the story too.

Babzanne Barker said...

He is so beautiful--just like his big sister. We are so happy that he's home now and that you are doing so well, Kalli! Congratulations to all of you!

Cammie said...

I'm glad the transition to two kids is going well for you! He is such a cute little baby!

Kate said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby. I love all of the red hair. so cute!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Zack is home with you guys now! Yay!! So did you guys buy a house? Where did you move to?

the lunch lady said...

he is so cute!