Mackay is such a cutie these days. The last few weeks have been especially fun and exciting with her, probably because she's not teething. (It's nice to have a break every once in a while, for the both of us).
Grandma and Grandpa Barker came to visit last week and we were so excited. They live kind of out of the way, so we don't get to see them as often as they'd like, and I'm sure they don't get to see Mackay as often as they would hope, either. When they came up to Rexburg, we were trying to think of all these fun things to do, so we decided to go see Mesa Falls and take a short hike. We got all ready, (it takes a lot of preparation when you have a 1 year old), I had on my choco sandals which are my hiking shoes, and we drove the 45 minutes to Mesa Falls. Who would have thought that the snow hasn't melted, the roads aren't plowed, and snowmobiles are taking over the roads up there. So, we ate our lunch in the parking lot before driving home. Here is Nate in his flip flops. And of course, he tried to start a snowball fight.
Another model pose. Look how deep the snow still is--in May!
Mackay loved playing in Grandma and Grandpa's car.
Grandma and Grandpa also learned first hand the hold that chocolate has on this little girl. She can turn from angel to...not angel in a matter of seconds when she seeds food that is brown. She must have it, she will do anything to get it, and she will not stop until it is in her mouth.
Here is Mackay playing with my headset. When I was working from home I got this so that I could multi-task while being on the phone. Of course it broke a week or two after I got it, so now it is Mackay's toy.
Our neighbors put a swing up for their little boy, who happens to be completely terrified of it. So, thanks to them, we now have a neighborhood swing. Every other child in the complex absolutely loves it, including Mackay.
5 years ago

1 comments:
I love that she loves chocolate so much! Too bad about your hike. All that snow is crazy!
Post a Comment